Ting Zhao is an advisor to executives in the growth strategy and business transformation practice for Strategy&, PwC's strategy consulting business. Based in Shanghai, he is a Partner with Strategy& China. With over 20 years of working experience, he primarily focuses on serving clients across the manufacturing and healthcare industries to support them in realizing their growth ambitions and improving operational efficiency and profitability.
Selected relevant experience includes:
- Led a large team to successfully develop and execute a complex turn-around plan for a listed bottling company, and won the ATTA (Asia Transformation and Turnaround Association) annual award. The major tasks included customer portfolio optimization, manufacturing capacity optimization, organizational restructuring, overhead cost reduction, operational process improvement, balance sheet restructuring, bank negotiation and regulatory communication.
- Conducted a strategic analysis and an operational review for a leading global heavy machinery manufacturer, developed and implemented growth strategies, organizational changes and business process improvements.
- Identified new business opportunities in the healthcare industry and developed entry strategies for a leading Chinese pharmaceutical group. Developed long term growth strategies and organizational alignment and capability development plans.
- Assessed the development trends of China’s pharmaceutical market, developed respective sales forces and carried out organizational changes to bring sustainable success to a world leading pharmaceutical company.
- Led a large team to conduct strategic transformation for one of the largest Chinese consumer goods companies, including long term business model and growth strategy development, key operational process improvement, performance management system development and organizational alignment.
- MBA University of Chicago
- BA Biochemistry Beijing University