Todd Jirovec is an advisor to executives in the electric and gas/utilities industries and leads PwC’s Strategy& power and utility practice. Based in Dallas, he focuses on providing services in corporate and business unit growth strategies, transformation and performance improvement, cost diagnostics and cost reduction, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and regulatory support, primarily for electric and gas/utilities clients and financial sponsors focused on the utility/power sector.
Mr. Jirovec has a broad range of experience developing growth strategies and improving functional and operating performance for utilities. His work has included:
- Leading board-level strategic assessments of organic and inorganic growth options for electric, gas, and water utilities; experience with both investor-owned, municipal, and cooperative entities across wholesale, retail, and operational value chains
- Directing a review of strategic options for an integrated transmission and distribution, water and wastewater, and power generation company; assessment of market potential in each segment, alignment of current shareholder base with risk and reward profile for each business segment, and recommendations of future organization path to better align growth opportunities and shareholder risk profile
- Leading assignments in electric and gas utility M&A across all elements of the M&A value chain, including target assessment, due diligence, synergy estimation and capture, regulatory support, and post-merger integration execution
- Leading functional improvement projects focused on cost reduction and performance improvement in finance, human resources, information technology, and other corporate and operating areas, including the development of detailed cost and staffing baselines, comparison of baselines to relevant industry benchmarks, and identification of initiatives to close performance gaps
- Leading the design of a transformation program that addressed impending business changes including an aging workforce, increasing work and capital requirements, decreasing capital availability, and increasing regulatory scrutiny, to improve performance, create additional work capacity, reduce cycle times, and simplify core end-to-end business processes
A recognized thought leader and speaker, Mr. Jirovec is a co-author of Strategy& viewpoints including, "Short Circuits in Power Transmission: A Coherent Strategy for Utilities in an Uncertain Time" and "Lifting the Limits, Improving Field Force Productive Time."
Formerly a partner with Booz & Company and Deloitte Consulting, he also served as an audit manager at Deloitte & Touche before joining the firm.