With over 20 years consulting experience, Nick specializes in retail strategy and performance improvement for the food, grocery, fuel and convenience store clients.
Notable client examples:
- Led US market assessment for leading southern hemisphere retailer. Led client team in detailed US fieldwork to assess market and identify potential opportunities for growth.
- Extensive field work program covered most leading and/or innovative grocery banners
Developed actions to dramatically improve Customer Experience at leading drugstore retailer for Rx and Front of Store customers.
- Identified consumer pain points and areas for value creation (e.g. specific services for most valuable segments)
- Customer loyalty strategy development for retail fuels business of major oil company: Assessed consumer needs and segments in two major European markets; assessed loyalty scheme options; developed strategy, launched and supported negotiations with partner retailers and loyalty coalition scheme providers. Preparations for launch ongoing
- Supported client team in structuring and negotiation of industry-leading JV between gas/convenience retailer and major grocery chain. 200+ JV stores rolled out, recognized across the industry as a game-changing deal
Nick is also a key thought leader and has contributed to various Strategy + Business articles such as:
Prior to joining Strategy&, Nick worked at Mobil Oil in refining and supply, was the head of strategy for Safeway Inc.