Based in Miami, Strategy& Principal Carlos Navarro has extensive experience in commercial, marketing, and distribution strategy for multinationals and local Latin American industries.
His key functional capabilities include:
- Channel segmentation and value proposition design
- Brand portfolio strategy
- Distribution strategy
- Commercial and channel strategies
- Sales and operations strategies
- Acquisition and merger assessment
- Manufacturing overhead restructuring
Mr. Navarro has contributed to numerous engagements to support client needs, including:
- Developing a brand portfolio strategy for a leading consumer goods company in Latin America to drive increased growth and market leadership, including consumer segmentation, value offering and brand positioning, a brand management model, financial projections, and a required operating model
- Designing the channel segmentation and value proposition for a leading Mexican beverage manufacturer, including a needs/value-based segmentation of its client base and definition of new commercial practices to maximize client satisfaction and economic return; expected benefits will reduce commercial practices costs by 5% of revenues
- Conducting an acquisitions and mergers assessment for a Latin American beverage manufacturer as part of a global initiative to assess the feasibility of a major merger between two consumer goods companies; includes evaluating synergies in sales, marketing, manufacturing, procurement, and overhead functions
- Developing a commercial and channel strategy for a leading multinational pharmaceutical company in Mexico, including pharmacy segmentation, wholesaler capabilities and effectiveness assessments, total channel cost-to-serve analyses, and definition of new commercial structure and capabilities
- Designing a growth strategy and new commercial model for a leading consumer durables manufacturer in Mexico, including new channel strategies, consumer needs-based segmentation, brand portfolio and marketing strategy; as a result of this effort, cost-to-serve was reduced by 4% of sales
A recognized thought leader, Mr. Navarro is the author of the Strategy& study "Big Impact in a Small Format – A New Wave in Retail."
Before joining Strategy&, Mr. Navarro worked as a systems and process reengineering consultant in Venezuela. He holds MBA and master of engineering in operations research degrees, both from Cornell University. He also has a B.S. degree in systems engineering from Universidad Metropolitana in Venezuela.