Dr. Torsten Eistert
Dr. Torsten Eistert is a senior advisor to executives in financial services for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group. Based in Frankfurt, he is a Managing Director of Strategy& Germany and one of our leading practitioners for technology and operations strategies in retail and corporate banking inside the Financial Services team.
With more than 25 years of experience in strategy consulting and line management positions, his focus lies on efficiency across the entire value chain and the impact of technology on business. Specific areas or expertise include digital transformation, complexity reduction, operating model design, cost management and operational excellence.
Some of his recent assignments include:
- Digital bank set-up and legacy migration planning for a retail bank
- Banking operations 2020 roadmap and transformation planning for a universal bank
- Agility assessment for the IT area of a leading asset manager
- IT strategy and cost transformation for a building society
- Business and operating model design and setup for a BPO utility in back-office operations
- IT sourcing strategy for an international stock exchange
- Platform-based business model and monetization design for a retail bank
Torsten holds an MBA for business administration and a PhD in computer and information services from the University of Hohenheim. Internationally, he completed his studies at ESCP (Paris) and IESE (Barcelona). He has co-authored various publications on technology and the future of banking and is a regular speaker at sector conferences.