Tiger Shan is an advisor to executives in Government, Public Services, and TMT sectors for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group. With nearly 20 years of working experience in China and U.S., he is a Partner with Strategy& and leads our Beijing office. He also leads Strategy&’s Fit for Growth* service platform in China, and co-leads the services relating to SOE reforms and the “Belt and Road” initiative.
As a policy advisor to the local governments and their investment arms in Pearl River Delta, Yangtze River Delta, and Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei regions, Mr. Shan works closely with the real estate developers and operators on the topics of development planning for urban city, industrial park, and featured town, specializing in development of smart city, enabling service, and investment promotion.
In Public Service sector, Mr. Shan focuses on serving major clients in energy, transportation, and infrastructure, advising on strategy, governance, investment, globalization, digitalization, and innovation-driven transformation, as well as high level design for state-owned investment arms and funds.
In TMT sector, Mr. Shan provides strategy implementation, organizational transformation, and operational improvement services for telecom operators, culture and media companies, smart terminal/ hardware manufacturers, Internet-based service providers, and emerging players in big data, AI, and IoT.
Selected relevant experience includes:
- Advised a technology industrial park operated by a SAR government on AI and robot industry development and investment promotion
- Helped a municipal government on policy assessment and overseas investment promotion to improve the ease of doing business and openness of service sector
- As a part of its Millennial Plan, helped a state-level new area on its conceptual planning and innovative development model war-gaming, and supported major projects during the planning and bidding process
- Developed growth strategy, organization and governance structure, business processes and KPIs and conducted project risk analyses for the overseas business of a leading Chinese EPC company
- Advised one of the top Chinese telecom operators on procurement centralization, channel management, customer service enhancement and smartphone introduction planning
- Developed growth strategy and development model for Internet-based business for a transportation SOE
- Developed business growth strategy and digital transformation blueprint for a leading Chinese culture and tourism group
- Provided overseas business organization governance benchmarking and recommendations for a world leading Chinese telecom equipment manufacturer
- Advised a global entertainment and media group on China business growth strategy and investment across segments
- MBA, University of Rochester
- B.S. in Economics, Beijing University
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.