Dr. Richard Viereckl
Dr. Richard Viereckl is the head of Automotive Advisory for Europe, Middle East and Africa for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. He is a Partner at Strategy& Germany and specialist for Automotive Product Development with 34 years of experience, based in our Frankfurt office. Before coming to Strategy&, he spent 15 years at Schenck and 16 years serving automotive clients at Management Engineers, where he led the Automotive practice. He has worked with some of the world’s leading automotive companies, suppliers and manufacturing firms to transform their manufacturing, sales, and R&D organizations.
Richard Viereckl’s key areas of focus are:
- Early Phase of Product Strategy
- Marketing & Sales
- Holistic Efficiency Improvement
- General (Digital-) Transformation Programs
He collaborated with the Center of Automotive Management to coauthor the study “China is Pushing Us Forward! Results of an Executive Survey of European Automotive Suppliers” and our annual Connected Car Study.
Examples of Richard Viereckl’s recent assignments include:
- Pre-study and Design for a high sophisticated battery electric vehicle (BEV) with business cases, featuring concept, marketing planning and technology roadmap for further upgrades
- Efficiency Program for all indirect functions of a world leading car manufacturer with global roll out
- Supplier Transformation to be a real global player, using all synergies in-house between all the ~70 facilities of the company
Richard earned his master’s degree in mechanical engineering at the University of Applied Sciences of Darmstadt and holds a Dr.-degree of Finance and Controlling.