Dr. Reinhard Geissbauer
Dr. Reinhard Geissbauer is a leading practitioner in supply-chain and digital operations strategies for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group. He is a Partner at Strategy& Germany, based in Munich. He is the Global Head of PwC's Digital Operations Impact Center and leads the EMEA Industry 4.0 team.
He has more than 20 years of industrial and consulting experience with multinational industrial equipment manufacturers, process industry companies and automotive suppliers. His main focus is on supporting leading companies in digital supply-chain management, smart manufacturing, operations strategy development, global sourcing, global footprint design, and process cost optimization.
His areas of expertise include:
- Digital operations strategy, digital maturity assessment and implementation road map development for leading industrial clients
- Vertical integration of the value chain including operations planning, MES, predictive maintenance and digital quality management
- Horizontal integration of suppliers, customers, and value chain partners, including integrated S&OP end-to-end planning, smart warehousing and logistics visibility
- Operational and cost excellence and process optimization
Some of his recent client assignments include:
- Digital strategy for leading chemical company
- Digital supply chain planning and implementation for leading industrial manufacturer
- Operations improvement and transformation in industrial products
- Industry 4.0 technology implementation in the IT and electronics industry
- Supply-chain optimization in the process industry
He wrote several digital operations supply-chain and service management books. He is co-author of the Global Digital Operations Study 2018, which was presented in April 2018 and which gives deep insights into the digital maturity of international companies.
Prior to joining Strategy&, Reinhard Geissbauer was a Partner in other consulting companies and held engineering positions in industry.
He holds a Master’s degree from the University of Regensburg, an MBA with a focus on international finance and operations, and a PhD in international business administration.