Ramy Sfeir is a Partner with Strategy& who leads the Family Business, Investments and Real Estate and Deals platforms in the Middle East.
He works mainly with family conglomerates, investment companies, sovereign wealth funds, and real estate developers, advising on topics related to corporate and investment strategy, corporate transformation, and governance, as well as M&A and post-merger integration.
Some of Ramy’s recent client assignments include:
- Supporting a number of leading real estate developers in tackling the market challenges and opportunities through strategy-based transformations
- Leading multiple major regional business transformations through the development of family governance, and driving family business institutionalization
- Supporting a leading family business in the development of an IPO strategy and growth story for one of its key real estate subsidiaries
- Leading the strategy development and operating model review for a regional sovereign investment company
- Supporting several PE funds with their investment strategy and commercial due diligence engagements on specific transactions
In addition to his client work, Ramy has recently co-authored the reports “Unearthing value from dormant land in the GCC: Five approaches for governments and private owners,” “Riding the real estate cycle: Building capabilities for a sustainable future,” “From family enterprises to institutions: A differentiated journey for Middle East and North Africa family businesses,” and “Investment opportunities in the GCC education sector: Four plays for private equity and strategic investors.
He first joined Booz & Company (now Strategy&). He left in 2008 to become group chief development officer at National Holding before rejoining the firm in 2010.
Ramy has an MBA from INSEAD and a bachelor’s degree in computer and communications engineering from the American University of Beirut.