Mohan Sambandan is a partner in the Strategy& practice in South Africa. He specialises in developing business transformation road maps and operational improvement plans aimed at improving the bottom line and revenue growth. Working in various industries, he assists in optimising customer product portfolios, route to market, cash-flow management and supply chains. He has over 12 years of strategy consulting experience in developing market entry and business strategies, conceptual master plan designs, business plans and financial models (PPP) for consumer, auto industry and logistics infrastructure operators (ports, terminals, rail and logistics parks) and logistics service providers (contract logistics, express/parcel services, and land and sea forwarding) in emerging markets. Mohan has advised clients across Africa, India, Russia and Europe.
His recent work includes:
- Aerotropolis logistics strategy and market potential development for a leading city in South Africa;
- Nigeria logistics market study and market entry strategies for a logistics company in Nigeria;
- Supply chain and logistics improvement projects for various clients in South Africa, Nigeria, Europe and India;
- Route-to-market and operational turnaround strategies for Dangote Flour Mills in Nigeria;
- Route-to-market and distribution strategies for Clover, Cadbury, SC Johnson, WW, Nampak, etc.; and
- Automotive route-to-market and supply chain strategies for various players in India.
- Route-to-market, intermodal logistics strategy and financial models for Ivanhoe mines in DRC; and
- Supply chain and operations improvement and execution plans for BP, Chevron, Shell and Engen in South Africa.
Infrastructure and logistics service industry
- North-south corridor assessment (rail, road, port) and Africa strategy assessment for IMPERIAL Logistics;
- Port master plan and business plan (incl. PPPs models) development for three major ports in India (Paradip, Tuticorin and Cochin); and
- Revised financial strategy and PPPs model for a greenfield canal project in South India.
- B.Eng. in Mechanical Engineering, A.C. College of Engineering and Technology, India, 2001
- Masters in Global Supply Chain and Logistics, The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL), Lausanne, Switzerland, 2003
- Executive Leadership Programmes at IMD (the International Institute for Management development), Lausanne, Switzerland, 2014
- Global Executive MBA with Honours at IMD (the International Institute for Management development), Lausanne, Switzerland, 2015