Dr. Marcus Morawietz
Dr. Marcus Morawietz is an advisor to executives in the chemicals industry for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group. He is a Partner at Strategy& Germany, based in Frankfurt. He focuses on strategy, innovation, and operations along the entire chemical value chain. He has more than 17 years of joint consulting and industry experience and is a member of the leadership team of our European Energy, Chemicals and Utilities, and Operations practices.
His key areas of focus are:
- Growth strategy
- Business model transformation
- Manufacturing and supply-chain improvement
- Transaction support
Examples of Marcus Morawietz’s recent assignments include:
- Growth Strategy — He has led several projects on growth strategies, market entry strategies and portfolio optimizations for leading chemical companies on global base. In a recent project, a growth strategy for a leading specialty chemical player has been elaborated including portfolio optimization, innovative pricing models and significant cost reduction. Conducting a stringent implementation of the revised strategy achieved a strong performance improvement on a sustainable basis.
- Operations Improvement — Marcus Morawietz has led several operations improvement assignments (asset effectiveness, supply-chain optimization, strategic sourcing) in the chemical and pharma industry. A recent project focused on optimizing a pharma asset network including network consolidation, redesign of value chain coverage/make-or-buy and efficiency and effectiveness improvement of the manufacturing sites. The large joint client/consultant team developed the entire operations strategy and supported the implementation and change management.
- Transaction Support — He has led several assignments supporting different stages of transactions ranging from due diligences, pre- and post-merger integrations as well as restructurings. These projects have been key levers in growth strategies of large chemical and pharma companies as well as financial investors.
Prior to joining Strategy&, he was Principal at A. T. Kearney and worked for Degussa (today Evonik) in several management positions. He holds a PhD and diploma degree in chemicals from the Technical University of Munich.