Marc Hoogenberg is an advisor to executives in the retail and consumer industry for Strategy& the Netherlands, based in Amsterdam.
Marc has built a successful track record helping companies improve their commercial capabilities and has led or contributed to numerous projects for the firm for a wide variety of international clients. Marc helped numerous organizations assess capability gaps, set up capability development programs and redesign commercial operating models to improve commercial performance.
Recent consultancy work includes:
- Redesign of commercial operating model for the category and country organizations of a major global food and beverage company
- Marketing Effectiveness at a global consumer electronics company, a leading dairy company, a leading chocolate and confectionary company
- Building fact-based (analytical) category management capabilities at a national grocery retailer
- Pricing strategy for a leading national drugstore chain, an international DIY retailer, a national liquor store chain
- Product quality strategy for an international general merchandise retailer
- E-commerce strategy for a national grocery retailer
- Revenue Management for a global spirits company
- Pan-European commercial capability assessment for a major global food and beverage company
- Store performance improvement for a home furnishing retailer, quick service restaurant chain, and fashion retailer
Marc joined the firm since May 2010 and he has more than 15 years of consulting experience. Before joining Strategy&, Marc worked as a consultant at Accenture and McKinsey & Company. He studied Econometrics at Erasmus University Rotterdam and holds an MBA cross media from Lemniscaat Business School.