Mahadeva Matt Mani
Matt Mani is a leading practitioner in strategic cost and organization productivity transformation for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. Based in Washington, D.C., he is a Principal with PwC US. He is the Asia-Pacific and Americas region leader and global operations leader of PwC’s Fit for Growth* platform. With over 24 years of industry and consulting experience, Mr. Mani works globally across industries, including in the technology, healthcare, engineered products, telecom, industrial manufacturing and aerospace and defense sectors.
Mr. Mani’s key areas of expertise are:
- Operating model design and organization restructuring
- Organization productivity and margin improvement
- SG&A function improvement
- Shared services and outsourcing transformations
- Culture enabled transformation
Examples of Mr. Mani’s client work include:
- Assisting a healthcare life sciences company with re-focusing its strategy and go to market model to adjust to changes in the healthcare industry and position the company to double revenues and grow margins by over 35% within 5 years. His work included designing the operating model to integrate new business lines, and re-designing the Business Unit structures and marketing, sales and service functions to deliver growth in long-term outcomes based solutions contracts.
- Leading an enterprise wide transformation program for an aerospace & defense company that re-aligned the portfolio, re-designed the BU operating model and management structures, implemented shared services, restructured G&A costs and improved engineering productivity. Efforts resulted in 18% improvement in margins within 12 months.
- Detailing the plan to substantially improve profitability for a global financial information services company, by re-defining the global operating model and international go-to-market approach. Defined the plan to set up shared services captives in Ireland, Philippines, India and the US, including building the detailed implementation plan and business case. Plan was implemented in 12 months and delivered substantial improvement in after tax profit.
- Designing the end-to-end company operating model for a high technology manufacturing company, to support growth in the North American market. Re-designed the regional marketing, sales, service and support model, and the corporate organization. Defined and implemented new performance management processes and laid out a specific implementation plan across sales regions. Achieved business turnaround and a return to net positive revenue growth within 16 months.
- For a global technology solutions company led a comprehensive finance function transformation from diagnostic through implementation. Implemented a new streamlined finance operating model and supporting competency and talent development model. Installed new KPI scorecards to run the business and revamped operational reviews. Revamped and expanded the scope of shared services and outsourcing into a global delivery model. Delivered over 28% cost reduction, cut budget time by 50%, improved forecast accuracy to within 5% of forecast and doubled employee engagement scores.
- Developing the plan for a Global Business Services shared services model for a global automotive OEM, including IT, Procurement, Finance, HR, Legal and Facilities Management functions. Led a global shared services and outsourcing scope assessment, identified candidate scope, developed the operating model, implementation roadmap, transition and business case to deliver $1Bn in total savings in 5 years. Helped launched the GBS organization starting with Procurement, Finance, IT and Legal functions.
- Overhauling the sales operating model for a global Tier 1 automotive supplier to support growth in emerging markets, including re-designing the client based account team structure, re-engineering the quote process, and implementing an offshore shared services model to support the order to cash cycle (order management and receivables functions). Results achieved included cost reduction of 30% and improved sales productivity by 8 percentage points.
Prior to Strategy&, Mr. Mani spent over a decade in the telecom and technology industries, including multiple roles at AT&T. Mr. Mani earned his bachelor’s degree in Finance and Marketing from American University and his Master of International Public Policy from Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies.
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.