Kağan Karamanoğlu is a leading practitioner in the telecommunications industry for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group. Based in Istanbul, he leads the Strategy& team in Turkey and is a member of the European Strategy& leadership team. With close to 20 years of consulting and industry experience, Kağan specializes in corporate and business strategy.
Kağan has successfully led multiple client engagements globally.
Project examples include:
- Corporate/business segment improvement program for major European fixed line incumbent
- Revenue improvement program for a major international mobile operator
- Global player strategy for a major Eastern European telco company
- Large turn-around and business improvement for a CIS mobile operator
- New growth areas strategy for a major European Media company
- Wholesale strategy of a leading European fixed line carrier Development of a new Regional Business Unit for a European Flag Carrier
- Strategic business plan development for a European regional airline Growth strategy for a global specialty chemicals player
- Capability based growth strategy for Tier 1 automotive supplier
- Life & pensions market assessment for a global insurance company
Before joining Strategy&, Kağan held a number of senior positions at Türk Telekom Group and was responsible for Strategy, Business Development & Planning, Emerging Products and Services and International Consumer Operations. Prior to that, he was a Principal at Booz & Company.
Kağan Karamanoğlu holds a MSc in Management from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), London, UK. He also holds a BSc in Computer Science with Management Science from the University of Kent at Canterbury, London, UK.