Edward C. Landry
- Led a brand strategy engagement that resulted in the creation of a 10-year roadmap for the business unit and brand team. Baselined category and brand dynamics and evaluated core consumer franchise characteristics including purchase and switching behavior. Evaluated new product opportunities and assessed required capabilities needed to compete in an evolving marketing and regulatory environment. The client changed its resource allocation mix, and restructured the marketing organization to balance generalist and specialist talent and address capability requirements.
- Developed an advanced pricing capability for a leading consumer company requiring the restructuring of existing processes, organization, and systems. Built a fact-based business case and gained approval for a $10 million investment to fund the initiative. The client has utilized the new capability to analytically derive base prices and to create more customer-centric promotion plans. The capability and systems were successfully implemented and initial promotion planning tests confirmed an expected improvement in ROI of over 20 points.
- Developed a global sales force strategy for the President and Board of Directors of a Fortune 100 consumer packaged goods company. The plan addressed major restructuring and CRM capability building initiatives, evaluated initiative timing and funding, examined future organizational constructs and detailed evolving skill requirements for senior sales personnel. Subsequent work included a detailed evaluation of sales and marketing decision rights which resulted in significant changes in roles and accountability across the organization
- Led a brand health and positioning initiative for two leading brands competing for ‘flagship brand’ status within the portfolio of a Fortune 100 company. Designed and fielded quantitative and qualitative market research to assess overall brand strength and performance against key attributes central to each brand’s positioning.
- Redesigned the sales and Route-To-Market approach for a leading consumer manufacturer and marketer. Created a baseline, assessed go-to-market strategies and designed dedicated selling teams based on the requirements and economics of key customer segments. Implemented lower cost selling approaches for harder to reach / lower volume segments.
Before he joined the firm, Mr. Landry worked for Procter & Gamble and RJR Nabisco, where he held positions in marketing, strategic planning, and international business development. Mr. Landry has worked extensively in Europe and across Asia, while living in Singapore. He earned an MBA from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He also has a B.A. in economics from Lafayette College.