Edward Clayton is a Partner in the Engineered Products and Services (EPS) team in Strategy&’s Kuala Lumpur office. He is an acknowledged expert in commercial aviation and transportation infrastructure, having spent twelve years at British Airways, five years at HOCHTIEF AirPort GmbH (one of the largest airport investors worldwide), and eight years working with transportation clients at Strategy&, across air, sea and land transportation modes. In addition, Edward has advised governments in several countries across Southeast Asia, Australia and the Middle East on regulatory and policy matters relating to economic growth and transformation, national innovation policy and transportation.
Edward is a recognised expert in:
- National economic growth and infrastructure development
- Private sector participation in transport infrastructure and operations
- Organisational design
- Operational planning
- Infrastructure financing
- Commercial aviation
Edward’s recent client assignments include:
- Developing a national economic transformation agenda
- Strategic wargaming for major airlines
- Developing a holistic privatisation proposal for a major rail operator
- Developing the national logistics strategy for a SE Asian country
- Corporatising the investment promotion agency of a major SE Asian country
Edward is the co-author of numerous viewpoints including Regulating aviation in emerging markets and Managing airport disruption and is on the editorial board of the Journal of Airport Management.
He holds a BSc degree in Computer Systems Engineering from the University of Kent at Canterbury and an MBA from London Business School.