Douglas M. Hardman
Doug Hardman is a leading practitioner in operations, operating models, and supply chain management strategies for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group. Based in San Francisco, he is a principal with PwC U.S.
Since joining Strategy&, Doug has served clients in multiple industries with a focus on consumer goods and retail. Recent work includes:
- Development of new sourcing capabilities for a multi-billion dollar global general merchandise retailer
- Development of a new operations strategy and organisation for the post-merger integration of two global consumer goods companies
- Design and implementation of new supply chain capabilities for a multi-billion dollar apparel retailer
- Creation and implementation of a new distribution and supply chain strategy for a major manufacturer of consumer durables
- Creation and implementation of a global supply chain for a major consumer goods manufacturer
- Development and implementation of a new operating model for an integrated retailer.
A recognised thought leader, Doug has contributed to numerous publications, including a strategy+business article entitled, “Virtual Scale: Alliances for Leverage” and the Strategy& study "Keeping Inventory and Profits Off the Discount Rack: Merchandise Strategies to Improve Apparel Margins."
In addition to his client work, Doug serves on the Board of Trustees of Hiram College, a private, liberal arts college located in Hiram, Ohio; Jonova, Inc., a provider of leading edge, software-based solutions; and Global Glimpse, a non-profit organisation dedicated to expanding the global perspective of tomorrow's leaders. He enjoys baseball games and reading, mainly about history.
Doug holds an MBA from the University of Chicago Graduate Business School and a BA in mathematics and economics from Hiram College.