Dr. Christian Foltz
Dr. Christian Foltz is a leading practitioner in operations strategy for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group. He is a Partner at Strategy& Germany, based in Düsseldorf. In our Operations team, he focuses on automotive and industrial clients.
Christian Foltz’s key areas of expertise include:
- Business process optimization and reengineering
- Innovation and product optimization
- Sourcing strategies
- Go-to-market and growth strategies
Some of his recent client assignments include:
- Product creation process optimization and harmonization for a global automotive supplier
- Construction site process reengineering and scalable project organization for a chemical engineering company
- Cost benchmarking and product cost reduction for a premium car before SOP
- Cost reduction for construction equipment, including engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, and assembly
- Development of a new machine tool series, including market segmentation, customer segmentation, specification, and conceptual design
- Global aluminium casting sourcing strategy, including make-or-buy strategy for a global automotive supplier
- Go-to-market strategy for an aluminium die casting automotive supplier
He joined Strategy& in 2013 through the acquisition of Management Engineers, where he had previously spent 10 years. Prior to joining Management Engineers, he focused on engineering process optimization in the automotive industry and in the chemical industry. He is a member of the German Society for Industrial Engineering and Ergonomics (GfA - Gesellschaft für Arbeitswissenschaft).
Christian Foltz holds a diploma degree and a PhD in mechanical engineering from RWTH Aachen University.