Birger is a Director at Strategy& in our Melbourne office. He joined the firm in 2006 in Dusseldorf, Germany. After stints in Dusseldorf, London, and Berlin he transferred to Melbourne in April 2018 to strengthen the local Retail & Consumer team. Birger’s expertise covers the full breadth from business strategies for the digital age through to their organisational and technological implementation at Retail & Consumer clients.
Birger combines deep industry expertise with strong functional know-how and has developed significant functional depth across the following areas:
- Business/channel strategies
- Digital business models
- Organisational change
- Technology transformation
- Management of large transformation programmes
Birger has worked extensively with a range of international retailers. Project examples include:
- Business strategy for a German fashion retailer
- Cost transformation and organisational re-design for a German food/non-food retailer
- Digital transformation for a German tourism group, including interim management role
- Online strategy for an international grocery retailer
- Development of IT implementation roadmap for a German mail order business
- Business-led IT transformation for an international grocery retailer
Birger holds a Diploma in Computer Science and Business Administration from the University Paderborn, Germany and has spent a year at Monash University Melbourne, Australia. He also holds a PhD in Business Administration from the University Giessen, Germany.