Melbourne-based Partner Ben Gilbertson leads Strategy&’s Operations practice in ANZSEA and specializes in asset-intensive industries including industrial, mining, oil and gas, agriculture and defence sectors.
Having joined Strategy& in 2000, Ben has developed an impressive breadth of expertise in all areas of operations consulting, including:
- Business unit and manufacturing strategy
- Operational improvement and cost reduction programs
- Sourcing improvement
- Shared services implementations
- Organizational design
- Post-merger integration
Some of Ben’s recent client assignments include:
- Supply chain and manufacturing footprint redesign for a global mining services company
- A strategic and operational review of a major equipment hire company
- Footprint review and merger integration for a downstream oil and gas company
- Sourcing improvement program for a major global mining company
- Undertaking a supply organisation design for a major world resources company
- Designing a future shared services model for a major utility company
He holds a BComm in Economics and a BE(Hons) in Chemical Engineering from the University of Melbourne and an MBA from Columbia Business School.