Org DNA Profiler® Survey
Organizations with strong execution “DNA” tend to share similar characteristics. By fostering these traits, you can improve your organizational performance. Here are a few key improvement areas customized for you:
- Quickly translating key strategic and operational decisions into action
- Relaying competitive information quickly and effectively to headquarters
- Making good on commitments to others
- Maintaining disciplined efforts where you can win
- Ensuring consistent messages from top leaders
- Successfully adapting to market changes
- Creating clarity around roles and responsibilities
- Correlating career advancement and compensation with performance
- Promoting a distinctive culture that creates a competitive advantage
- Encouraging leaders to "walk the talk"
- Sending consistent messages to the market
- Giving employees metrics to evaluate business impact
- Having the right number of organization layers
- Giving field employees insight into the bottom-line impact of daily choices
- Consistently rewarding innovation
- Pursuing and rewarding collaboration across organizational lines
- Prioritizing capabilities when evaluating opportunities
- Maintaining good information flow across the organization
- Acting decisively
- Limiting overlapping roles
- Establishing influence based on reputation, credibility and relationships
- Motivating people with values and pride
The resilient organization: “As good as it gets”
Flexible enough to adapt quickly to external market shifts, this organization remains steadfastly focused on and aligned behind a coherent business strategy.
This forward-looking and self-correcting type of organization anticipates changes routinely and addresses them proactively. When it does hit a bump in the road — as all companies do — the resilient organization distinguishes itself in its response, which is immediate, thorough, and constructive. It attracts motivated team players and offers them not only a stimulating work environment, but also the resources and authority necessary to solve complex problems.
The resilient organization has a distinctive culture that is disciplined in focusing its efforts on areas in which it can win. Senior people “walk the talk” and deliver consistent messages. Collaboration and commitment run high across the Resilient organization with influence based on reputation, credibility, and relationships.>
This is the healthiest organizational type. The firm is in good working order, but that’s no invitation to complacency. Consistently, Resilient companies know better than to believe their own press. They’re always scanning the horizon for the next competitive battle or market innovation.
The coherence index specifically measures the coherence or consistency of your organization's strategy. Most resilient organizations will score high in this area. Coherent companies have a clear set of capabilities that are in line with their strategy and that they use over and over again in their portfolio. Please visit the coherence profiler to learn more about the strengths of coherence.