Paul Nillesen is an advisor to executives in the energy and utilities industry for Strategy& the Netherlands, based in Amsterdam. He leads the Dutch Energy & Economics Practice for both Strategy& and PwC Consulting.
Paul focuses on energy and utilities (including water and waste) and help clients understand the changing market they operate in, adapt for the future, and realize value. He has supported a large variety of clients on different topics, including:
- Extensive experience in national and international Energy and Waste markets and Industry experience
- Experience across value chain and has worked for private players, publicly-held companies, policy makers, regulators and NGOs
- Financial and economic analysis related to profitability of power plants (dispatch/merit order modelling), networks and renewable energy
- Regulation and economic analysis for regulated network businesses, regulators and policy makers, state aid complaints
- Expert witness in arbitration and regulatory hearings
Paul joined the firm since October 2004 and he has more than 15 years of consulting experience. He studied Economics at Edinburgh University and Development Economics at Oxford University (Brasenose College). He holds a PhD in Regulatory Economics from Tilburg University, and has published widely on energy economics.