Martha Turner is a leading practitioner in Operations Strategy for Strategy&, PwC's strategy consulting business. She is a Principal with PwC US, based in New York.
During her 17-year tenure with the firm, she has worked across a variety of industries to deliver cost reductions, increase operational efficiency, and improve supply chain performance – with specific focus on serving Consumer & Retail clients. Martha has deep expertise in strategic supply management and led numerous major transformational engagements and developed sustaining client sourcing capabilities. She is a thought leader in developing cutting edge offerings such as ‘Fair Return’ cost-based sourcing and Integrated Margin Management.
In addition to client work, Martha has held numerous institutional roles and currently serves as PwC’s NY Metro Regional Advisory Lead and as a member of the Strategy&’s NA Management Team.
Martha is also the recipient of the Strategy&’s prestigious Professional Excellence Award given in recognition of outstanding and innovative client service.
Prior to joining Strategy&, Martha worked as an R&D engineer in the Guidance & Control Branch of NASA’s Langley Research Center and at the Charles Stark Draper Laboratory. She currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Rogosin Institute, an independent not-for-profit treatment and research center.
She received her MBA from the Darden Graduate School of Business Administration at the University of Virginia. Martha also holds a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering from The Catholic University of America and a Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as a Draper Fellow.
Sample of recent publications/conferences:
- "Off the table, into the pocket: Capturing procurement savings" (Strategy&, 2011)
- Sourcing Reloaded: Targeting Procurement’s New Strategic Agenda (Strategy& - strategy+business books, 2008)
- "Start with Sourcing: Procurement Lies At The Heart Of A Successful Green Strategy" (Strategy& - strategy+business magazine, Summer 2008)
- "How Big Is Your Carbon Footprint?: Before You Can Build an Energy-Efficient Supply Chain, You Need to Understand Your Company’s Carbon Emissions" (Supply Chain Quarterly, 2008)
- "Not Just Effective but Efficient: A New Blueprint for Marketing in an Era of Fragmented Media" (Strategy&, 2007)
- Chairman, eyeforprocurement Green Sourcing Summit (2007 & 2008)
- Presenter, Carbon Footprint Consumer Products Summit (2008)
- Guest Lecturer, UVA Darden Second Year Emerging Topics Elective (2009)
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.