Mahadeva Matt Mani is an advisor to executives on organization cost and productivity transformation for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business, based in Amsterdam.
Matt primarily focuses on helping clients achieve fundamental improvements in business model performance and organization cost & effectiveness. As one of the global leaders of PwC’s Fit for Growth* platform, he works with companies across the world to help them align their business operating models with their strategies, and to achieve significant organization cost & performance benefits.
With over 24 years of industry and consulting experience, Matt works across industries, including in the technology, healthcare, engineered products, industrial manufacturing, telecom and aerospace and defense sectors.
His particular areas of expertise include:
- Business operating model design and organization restructuring
- Organization productivity and performance improvement
- SG&A function transformation
- Shared services and outsourcing transformations
- Organization culture transformation
Recent consultancy work includes:
- Assisting a healthcare life sciences company with re-focusing its strategy and go to market model to adjust to changes in the healthcare industry, position the company to double revenues, and grow margins by over 35% within 5 years. His work included designing the operating model to integrate new business lines, and re-designing the business unit structures and marketing, sales and service functions to deliver growth in long-term outcomes.
- Leading an enterprise wide transformation program for an aerospace & defense company that re-aligned the portfolio, re-designed the BU operating model and management structures, implemented shared services, restructured G&A costs and improved engineering productivity. Efforts resulted in 18% improvement in margins within 12 months.
- Detailing the plan to substantially improve profitability for a global financial information services company, by re-defining the global operating model and international go-to-market approach. Defined the plan to set up shared services captives in Ireland, the Philippines, India and the US, including building the detailed implementation plan and business case. The plan was implemented in 12 months and delivered substantial improvement in after-tax profit.
- Designing the end-to-end company-operating model for a high technology manufacturing company, to support growth in the North American market. Re-designed the regional marketing, sales, service and support models, and the corporate organization. Defined and implemented new performance management processes and laid out a specific implementation plan across sales regions. Achieved business turnaround and a return to net positive revenue growth within 16 months.
- Leading a comprehensive finance function transformation for a global technology company, from diagnostic through implementation. Implemented a new streamlined finance-operating model, including a supporting competency and talent development model. Installed new KPI scorecards to run the business and revamped operational reviews. Revamped and expanded the scope of shared services and outsourcing into a global delivery model. Delivered over 28% cost reduction, cut budget time by 50%, improved forecast accuracy to within 5% of forecast and doubled employee engagement scores.
- Developing the plan for a Global Business Services shared services model for a global automotive OEM, including IT, Procurement, Finance, HR, Legal and Facilities Management functions. Led a global shared service and outsourcing scope assessment, identified candidate scope, developed the operating model, implementation roadmap, transition and business case to deliver $1Bn in total savings in 5 years. Helped to launch the GBS organization starting with Procurement, Finance, IT and Legal functions.
- Overhauling the sales operating model for a global Tier 1 automotive supplier to support growth in emerging markets, including re-designing the client based account team structure, re-engineering the quote process, and implementing an offshore-shared services model to support the order to cash cycle (order management and receivables functions). Results achieved included a cost reduction of 30% and improved sales productivity by 8 percentage points.
Matt joined the firm in July 2006 and has more than 12 years of experience in strategy consulting. Prior to his consulting career, Matt spent several years in the telecom and technology industry in various sales, business development and operating roles. Matt earned his bachelor’s degree in Finance and Marketing from American University and his Master of International Public Policy from Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies.
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.