Haroon Sheikh is a Partner with Strategy& and the leader of the firm’s defense and operations practices in the Middle East.
He serves military clients across the region on a wide range of logistics and supply chain improvement strategies. His work encompasses all areas that support military operations, including innovative work on strategic partnerships with industry, capability development, and implementing large-scale ERP systems. He has helped clients roll out world-class concepts and fast-track organizational development.
Haroon also advises clients on improving efficiency levels and has led several large transformations for clients in the public and private sectors, including one of the largest post-merger integration assignments in the region.
An avid writer, Haroon has co-authored numerous articles and reports, including:
- Modernising GCC military HR models: Improving morale, motivation, and performance
- Reconsidering military ICT security: A risk-based approach to modernization and information superiority for GCC armed forces
- The emerging GCC defence market: The $30 billion opportunity
- Fit For Service government: The opportunity in the GCC’s fiscal challenge
- Resilient and agile: Making logistics a combat multiplier for GCC armed forces
- Collaborative sourcing: How GCC group organizations can optimize their procurement spend
- A new paradigm for military logistics
- Rethinking the military procurement process in the Middle East
- How militaries can improve medical logistics planning
He joined the firm in 2006 as an Associate. Before that, he worked for Mars Inc. and Imperial Chemical Industries in general management, marketing, and supply chain roles.
Haroon holds a B.Sc. (Honours) in economics from the Lahore University of Management Sciences, and an MBA from INSEAD.
Haroon is passionate about playing cricket, tennis, and chess; and he is an avid supporter of the Ferrari F1 team.