More than 20 years of Consulting experience. His particular areas of expertise include post-merger integration (PMI), corporate strategy, new business strategy, digital strategy, operating model design and portfolio management.
Examples of Marcelo Gil´s consultancy assignments:
- Led multiple client relationships, advising boards and CEOs in corporate strategy, M&A, operating model, investment opportunities, new businesses and operational excellence.
- Designed the growth strategy for companies in the technology, ethanol, chemical, natural resources, retail and banking industries.
- Conducted 30+ M&A processes, from target screening, synergy evaluation, deal support to merger integration.
- Delivered several large merger integrations in Brazil, in a variety of industries, such as telecom, banking, retail, ethanol, petrochemicals, metals and mining.
- Designed, for some of the largest conglomerates in Brazil, their corporate role and relationship model with its portfolio of companies.
- Delivered the corporate strategy for a Brazilian conglomerate that resulted in a 5-company merge.
- Led, for a major basic materials player, the company’s operating model, encompassing organization structure, performance indicators and the decision-making process.
- Designed the strategic direction for a global mining company, including the development of acquisition plans, portfolio management, value added services and potential downstream integration.