Dr. Stephan Schneider is a Senior Executive Advisor in PwC Strategy&’s European Health Practice based in Düsseldorf, Germany. He is specialised in corporate strategy and business development, portfolio management, innovation, research and development for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
With more than 30 years of industry experience, Stephan excels through functional capabilities in innovation management, portfolio management, corporate/therapeutic area/business unit strategies, M&A as well as restructuring and turn-around programs.
Some of his recent client assignments include:
- Market entry options in diagnostic imaging
- Go-to-market strategies in specialty areas
- Expansion of geographic footprint of a biotech company
- R&D portfolio management
- Streamlining of R&D operations
- Business strategies in rare disease areas
- Therapeutic area strategies, e.g. neuroscience
- M&A projects, including strategy development, commercial due diligence, business plans
- Carve-outs of biotechnology companies
Prior to joining Strategy& in 2010, Stephan was Global Head of Strategy in a major healthcare company for many years. He started his industry career in R&D, where he has worked in various therapeutic areas in Germany and the US.
Stephan holds a Ph.D. (summa cum laude) in Bioorganic Chemistry from Münster University and did post-doctoral studies in the US at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.