He advises clients on the topic of strategy, growth, and capability building, including:
- Corporate and business unit growth strategies
- Marketing and category management
- Customer value-proposition development
- Revenue growth management and channel strategies
- Strategic transformations
Mr. Sharma also leads Strategy&’s global marketing competency area.
Examples of Mr. Sharma’s recent client work include leading the following assignments:
- Developed a comprehensive growth strategy for a global food and beverage company to triple enterprise value in three years
- Over a 4-5 year period, assisted the management team of a global retail technology company with developing the long-term strategy for the Board
- Developed a comprehensive brand-channel-product-price architecture and innovation strategy for a leading US-branded food company
- Developed customer value propositions and market entry strategy for a global beverage company’s foray into new channels
- Designed and implemented performance-driven go-to-market funding structure for a US consumer packaged goods company
- Redesigned the go-to-market strategy of a major consumer products company with focus on building differentiated service and product offerings tailored to customer and consumer demands
- Developed an advanced revenue management and pricing capability for a leading consumer company requiring the restructuring of existing processes, organization, and systems
- Redesigned the global operating model for a major beverage company, which resulted in redefinition of the role of corporate and launch of new international business unit and migration of capabilities closer to market
- Comprehensive Fit for Growth* transformation for a leading consumer company, focused on enhancing capabilities and generating significant efficiencies across marketing, sales, supply chain and support functions
- Joint-venture planning and implementation for two global spirits brands, including consolidating the US distribution network
Mr. Sharma is a recognized thought leader and has several publications to his credit, including “Creating an Organic Growth Machine,” which appeared in the Harvard Business Review, “Escaping the Consolidation Mentality in CPG” and “Shaping Category Dynamics to Win in CPG” in strategy+business magazine. He has also written and contributed to many other s+b articles and viewpoints.
Prior to joining Strategy&, Mr. Sharma spent six years in marketing, business development, and strategy with Honeywell International and General Electric, and in executive search with Korn/Ferry International.
He holds a Bachelor of Commerce, with Honors, from the University of Delhi, and an MBA in Strategy, Marketing, Finance and International Business from Carnegie Mellon University.
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.