Rolf Fricker is an advisor to executives in strategies for the pharmaceutical industry for Strategy&, PwC's strategy consulting group. Based in Munich, he is a Managing Director Strategy& Germany. He has supported Strategy&’s clients with his extensive experience and insights in:
- Strategy-based transformation and growth programs for pharmaceuticals, especially R&D-based companies as well as the biotech and generics/over-the-counter (OTC) industries
- Marketing and sales force innovation programs, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Commercial improvement and new commercial modeling programs
- Key account management
- Turnaround programs
Examples of his corporate strategy engagements for Strategy& include developing a growth strategy for a top 10 pharmaceutical company based in Europe; strategic planning for the country organizations of a global top 10 pharma player; and turnaround of country affiliates for a leading global pharma company.
Rolf Fricker’s M&A projects at Strategy& include conducting commercial due diligence for a pan-European supply-chain network pharmaceutical and for the acquisition of a European generics franchise. Additional projects to which he has contributed include the development of a governance structure and corresponding leadership assessment for a global generics company.
His marketing and sales projects for Strategy& include:
- Developing a pan-European marketing excellence strategy for a leading pharmaceutical company
- Conducting a relaunch in 14 European countries for a blockbuster product
- Developing a European segmentation and targeting approach including a roll-out
- Developing numerous country-specific marketing and sales effectiveness and improvement programs
- Creating several post-patent strategies, especially those involving conversion to patent-protected areas
- Developing sales force reallocation programs in Europe and Japan for a leading pharma player
- Providing governance recommendations and implementation and handbook creation for a global key account management pharma
- Developing launch and market access strategies for several blockbuster candidates
Prior to joining Strategy&, Rolf Fricker held senior marketing and sales positions, including CEO of Serono Pharmaceuticals for the German-speaking area. He is a National Economist and has a diploma degree in national economy from the University of Freiburg.