He focuses on strategy development, concession agreements and commercial joint venture setups, cost reduction, operational excellence, capability development, and operating model assignments in upstream oil and gas.
Raed’s client engagements have included:
- Exploration and production strategy development for a midsized independent oil company in South Africa
- Gas feedstock assessment for a large Korean petrochemicals conglomerate looking to establish a presence in the Middle East
- Development of a gas-pricing review strategy for a South East Asia national oil company
- Development of the upstream part of an integrated energy strategy for Iraq
- Renewal of a gas concession agreement between a major NOC and its international oil company partners
- Feasibility assessment of an LNG terminal for a GCC country
He joined Strategy& in 1999. He left in 2012 to join Bain’s London office, and returned to Strategy& in 2016.
Raed holds a Ph.D. in applied physics, a master’s degree in philosophy, and a master’s degree and a bachelor’s degree in science, all from Columbia University in New York.