Peter Heckmann is a leading practitioner in supply-chain management strategies for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. He is a Managing Director Strategy& Germany, based in Düsseldorf. He specializes in sourcing and supply-chain management for the consumer, electronics, and pharmaceuticals industries.
In 2006, Peter Heckmann and his team earned two Professional Excellence Awards (PEAs)—Strategy&'s highest honor for outstanding customer service.
Today, he leads Strategy&’s operations efforts in Europe and has contributed to such high-profile projects as:
- Development and implementation of a global production and supply-chain strategy for an international consumer products corporation
- Development of a global manufacturing strategy involving 28 production sites for a leading tobacco company
- Major transformation program for a leading beverage company
- Successful turnaround of a leading toy manufacturer
- Development and implementation of a global supply-chain for a pharmaceutical company
- Management of a sourcing program for a manufacturer of telecommunications equipment
- Management of a worldwide sourcing project for a major international electronics corporation
- Leadership of an effort to restructure the entire logistics for an international parcel service
- Development of a global supply-chain strategy for one of the major Internet retailers
- Development of a delivery concept for a European post service
He has co-authored numerous industry articles including “Capturing the Value of Supply Chain Management,” which appeared in strategy+business.
He earned masters of science degree from the Georgia Institute of Technology and a diploma degree in electrical engineering from Technical University Braunschweig. He was awarded scholarships from Fulbright and Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes.