Michael Farley is an advisor to executives in the health industry for Strategy&, PwC's strategy consulting group. Based in Chicago, he is a principal with PwC U.S. A member of our Digital Business and Technology practice, he works at the intersection of health technology/architecture and the payor industry.
Michael’s expertise includes:
- Health product and capability planning and enablement
- Business and information technology architecture
- Health Plan core platforms
- Digital customer experience
- Post-merger integration
- The overall information technology agenda
Some of Michael’s recent client assignments include:
- Determined the go-forward platform strategy across all lines of business as part of a post merger integration effort for a top-5 national player
- Defined a platform strategy and business case for a top-5 national player’s provider technology and business service offerings; specifically offering a core operations platform utility
- Conducted an assessment of a core platform software company
- Defined the business case, platform solution, and vendor partner for a new product offering to improve provider/payor operational processes for a healthcare industry utility
- Defined the product and core digital experience for a health plan consumer business launch
- Built the business case and implementation plans for multiple IT cost savings initiatives at a health plan client, including Desktop as a Service (Daas), mobile device strategy, data center effectiveness, and platform services labor model
Before joining Strategy& in 2010, Michael spent six years with Diamond Technology (now PwC) as a health market lead, and five years with Ernst & Young/Cap Gemini.
Michael is certified as a software architect and has a BS in Information and Technology Management from Syracuse University.