Mathias Herzog is a leading practitioner in digital strategies for Strategy&, PwC's strategy consulting group. Based in Seattle, he is a principal with PwC U.S. He primarily focuses on the technology, media and retail sectors, advises clients on the shift from physical to digital and works with organizations to define and execute digital and multi-channel growth strategies, consumer experience strategies, commercial effectiveness programs and business model transformations. He has led strategy and transformation initiatives in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Some of his recent client assignments include:
- Led numerous multi-channel and customer experience initiatives in retail, high tech, media and healthcare, translating company strategy into winning customer experiences
- For a leading software / cloud services vendor, developed the channel strategy and digital partner enablement services to grow cloud services with SMB customers. Redefined existing partner operations to improve productivity
- For a major software client, led a major licensing and pricing transformation, formulated the SaaS operations strategy, identified pricing- and promotions-related margin opportunities, and led a global sales productivity initiative
- For a FinTech client, defined the offering portfolio, go-to-market, segmentation, cloud strategy as well as pricing strategy, architecture, and discounting schema
- For an online gaming and cloud services provider, assessed the maturity of the online commerce business model and technology platforms and defined operations and technology improvements
- For an office supplies retailer, developed the digital organization strategy and design
- For an apparel retailer, defined the data strategy and governance required to synchronize value chains for online and stores, thereby enabling the company to deliver its omni-channel vision
- For a regional health insurer, developed the company’s customer experience / digital strategy and architected a large-scale operating model and capability transformation to deliver the strategy and customer experience vision
Prior to joining Strategy&, Mathias was a Partner at Oliver Wyman in the Consumer and Industrial Value Transformation practice, where he focused on strategy, commercial effectiveness, and digital transformation with technology and retail clients.
In addition, he has held leadership positions at Infosys Consulting, where he was a managing partner and led large-scale, technology enabled business transformations in technology and retail sectors, and Ross Stores, where he led strategic initiatives in merchandising, finance, supply chain, and IT.
Mathias holds a BS in International Business from Reutlingen University (Germany), an MBA from Georgetown University, and is also a certified Web Master and Designer from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
In his personal time, he enjoys endurance sports which he hopes will allow him to keep up with his son for another couple of years.