Hector Nelson is an advisor to executives in the Financial Services industry for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. Based in New York, he is a Principal with PwC US. He is a member of our Digital Business and Technology team, where he works at the intersection of our Financial Services practice. He has worked in Europe, Asia, and North America and focuses on front and middle-office operations and technology restructuring in the capital markets industry.
Hector is an expert in:
- Leading-edge operating model design
- Technology strategy
- Functional organization performance insights and effectiveness
- Shared services and outsourcing
- Fit for Growth* - Strategy&’s proven way forward for companies to cut costs and grow stronger
Some of Hector’s recent client assignments include:
- Developing a growth strategy for a global custodian to diversify into a new business line
- Designing a value-based sector and pricing strategy for a leading global bank
- Managing a lean-led operating model transformation for a global capital markets firm
- Developing a target-state global governance model and detailed region specific models for EMEA and APAC for a top-tier global investment bank
- Designing the operating model for a new industry consortium
Before joining Strategy&, Hector worked in financial services and capital markets, starting out as a private banker at JP Morgan in Europe and then spending seven years with Capco, the pure-play capital markets financial services consultancy.
Hector has an MBA from Brunel University and a BA from London Guildhall University. He is also trained in Six-Sigma project management methodology.
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.