Hannu Suonio is a Partner in our Helsinki office aligned to the Energy, Chemicals & Utilities (EC&U) practice. Hannu has 17 years of experience in growth strategy, mergers and acquisitions, and organization design. He has worked on more than 60 M&A transactions during his career, as well as on strategy and re-organizations with several leading Nordic companies.
A Senior Executive Advisor since 2010, Hannu has played an instrumental role in building our Nordic business, teaming with colleagues from across Europe. In addition to client work, he has served in several institutional roles, including leader of our Nordic EC&U activities, co-leader of the Helsinki office and the Nordic region’s finance officer.
Recent client work has included:
- A CDS-driven M&A-growth strategy for a Nordic industrial equipment player
- Clarifying organizational roles and responsibilities for a Northern European chemicals company
- A supply chain agility improvement project for a Finnish process industry company
- A comprehensive corporate strategy for a Nordic industrial equipment and services company
- A Shared Services Center design for a process industry firm
- A performance improvement program for a Nordic utility
- Numerous due diligence assignments for private equity firms
Prior to joining Strategy&, he was an associate principal in McKinsey & Company’s corporate finance and strategy practice and a senior associate at Morgan Stanley.
Hannu holds an MSc in Industrial Management from Helsinki University of Technology.
Hannu enjoys rock music, James Bond and Star Wars movies, golf, reading, and visiting exciting places around the globe such as the North Pole.