Oil and gas
The global recession has created new challenges and opportunities for both upstream and downstream players. PwC’s Strategy& provides concrete ways to ride out the storm and emerge stronger.
Our thought leadership
How we help our clients
We help clients define and execute on corporate and business unit strategies. Our teams help clients consider future market scenarios, evaluate alternative strategic visions and choices, and execute selected strategies.
- Global, regional, and local strategies
- Growth and business renewal
- Distinctive strategies that break out and are competitive
- Changing industry position, challenging status quo
We assist clients in achieving maximum effectiveness in day-to-day business operations, while tackling maturity onset or new project expansions
- Operating model review
- Operating process design and alignment, including lean manufacturing
- Functional support improvement and excellence (finance, HR, IT)
- Operations effectiveness, efficiency, and integrity
We work with clients to build organizations capable of achieving their strategic objectives. Our teams help clients align all elements of the organization, including decision rights, information flows, performance management systems, and structure. In addition, we assist clients in developing human capital strategies that promote required organizational capabilities.
- Organizational structure, decision rights, and information flows
- Organizational processes and performance improvement
- Human capital strategies, processes, and tools
We help clients build competitive strategies for the access, development, and deployment of new technologies. We work with clients in the front office to help them realize the full potential of digital surface and subsurface technology in new and mature operating environments, as well as in the back office to improve efficiency and optimize support for enterprise management of scarce resources.
- Technology strategy and portfolio management>
- Business needs and technology development or selection
- Program design and implementation>
Performance and capability management
We work alongside clients to tackle tight labor markets, build new skills, meet discipline requirements, and build sustainable workforce strategies.
- Performance culture and capability assessment
- Learning and development strategy
- Resourcing, recruitment, and retention
- Workforce and capability planning
- Improving performance discipline and effectiveness