Raquel Garcés is an advisor to executives in the financial services industry for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group. Based in Madrid, she is a partner with PwC Spain. Raquel has over 15 years of experience in strategic consultancy advising international banks and insurance companies and managing engagements across Europe and Latin America. She specializes in corporate strategy and innovation, deals strategy, corporate re-organization and restructuring, and segment, product and channel strategy in the Financial Services industry.
Some of Raquel’s recent client work include:
- Design of the corporate innovation strategy and operating model of a leading Spanish international bank and an international insurance company
- New value pool identification, business opportunity assessment and new business model design around Fintech for a leading global Spanish bank
- Market priorization and entry strategy with the digital business of an international Spanish insurer
- Several projects in the payments space including the design of the growth strategy of an international acquirer and new product development for a leading international brand
- Carve-out, commercial due diligence and operational due diligence in the payments, asset management and debt servicing sectors
- Corporate cost restructuring and simplification of a leading global Spanish bank
Prior to joining PwC, Raquel was with Roland Berger Strategy Consultants and Booz & Co. (now Strategy&). She also spent four years in global strategic marketing at Nokia.
Raquel has a degree in Economics and Business Administration from the University of Deusto (Bilbao, Spain). She also has an MBA from INSEAD (Fontainebleau, France) with an additional exchange period at Wharton (Pennsylvania, USA).