Rainer Bernnat is a leading practitioner in IT strategies and a Partner at Strategy& Germany. He leads the European IT business and the German Public Sector business. He also supports clients with his expertise in restructuring and transformation in the financial services industry and in cross-industry, large-scale software development projects.
His key functional skills include:
- IT strategy, architectures, and organization/governance
- Large-scale IT-driven transformation programs, such as eGovernment implementation projects
- IT-security strategies, such as electronic and cyber security or critical infrastructure protection strategies
Examples of his assignments include:
- IT-driven transformation program for a German Pension Agency (process-redesign, organizational change, IT modernization program)
- Long-term impact analysis of IT and innovation for the German National Pension Agency
- Cost-benefit analysis for the introduction of the electronic healthcard in Germany
- Concept, design and business case development for the German eGovernment program "BundOnline 2005"
- Concept, design and implementation support for multiple international eGovernment programs, e.g. in the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar
- Developing a foreign trade strategy with an emphasis on IT security for Germany’s Federal Ministry of Economy
- Development of a critical infrastructure protection strategies for the German Government with focus on IT impact
- Providing RFID market analysis and segment-specific business case development for several segments of a multinational technology corporation, including public sector, health, and transportation
- Formulating an IT security market entry strategy for the integrated solution portfolio of a multinational technology corporation
- Developing concepts and master plans for e-education strategies for the governments of two Middle Eastern countries
- Developing an institution-wide controlling and budgeting strategy and implementation concept for a leading bank in Germany
- Creating IT strategy and architecture projects for global and regional financial institutions in retail, wholesale, and insurance
Rainer Bernnat is a member of the executive board of the German Initiative D21-a joint venture of leading enterprises chaired by Germany’s Chancellor-which promotes the German information society. He is also vice president of Special Olympics, Germany. Before joining Strategy&, he worked with IBM in sales, marketing, and management positions.