Sydney-based Partner Peter Hammond leads the Mass Transport industry team for the Australia region of Strategy&. He offers clients a strategic management consulting perspective underpinned by deep technical transport expertise developed from 17 years of professional experience in the transport sector.
Peter’s extensive industry experience includes senior management and operational management roles within a large public transport organisation covering broad functional areas, from the strategic planning and policy level to managing day-to-day operations.
Peter’s areas of expertise include:
- Corporate strategy and business transformation
- Project evaluation, including economic and financial analysis for transport services and infrastructure
- Regulatory and contract reform
- Transport and service planning
- Operations planning and management
Some of Peter’s recent client assignments include:
- Business case and procurement strategy for metropolitan ferry operator
- Light rail project – business case and integrated transport and land use planning
- Benchmarking and reform program for metropolitan bus operator
- Operating model development for a new integrated transport authority
- Public transport revenue protection strategy
- Metropolitan rail provider strategic transport advisor
- CBD congestion management strategies
Peter holds a Bachelor of Engineering, Civil, and a Master of Business Administration from the Australian Graduate School of Management.