Jakob is a Director in the Melbourne office of Strategy&. He has been a consultant and strategy professional for over nine years and has worked across Australia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Jakob is working with clients in capital-intensive industries with a specific focus on the rail, mining, and logistics sectors. Functionally, Jakob’s area of expertise covers corporate strategy, productivity improvement and supply chain optimisation.
Some of Jakob’s recent client engagements include:
- Development of a franchise business plan for an urban metro rail operator,
- Definition of a global growth strategy for a leading international logistics provider,
- Development of a social licence strategy for a mining major,
- Design and implementation of local procurement strategies for mining and O&G assets across Australia and the Americas, and
- Execution support for several procurement cost reduction programs in the construction and utilities sectors.
Prior to joining Strategy&, Jakob worked at Etihad Rail, the developer and operator of the national railway system in the UAE, and as a strategy consultant in Germany.
Jakob holds a BSc in Commerce and Information Systems from European Business School in Oestrich-Winkel, Germany.