Dominik Baumeister is a Partner in Strategy&’s Sydney office. He leads our commercial Transport, Post and Logistics practice and our Engineering & Construction practice across Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia, with over 16 years of hands-on consulting experience in over 30 countries covering Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Functionally, Dominik is responsible for our "Capabilities Driven Strategy" platform in Australia and also supports our Asia desk and the PwC global emerging markets centre.
He has developed extensive expertise in multiple areas including:
- Growth strategy and international expansion, particularly in emerging markets
- Innovation & disruption
- Strategy implementation
- Operating model and organisational design
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestments
Some of Dominik’s client assignments include:
- Through over 15 individual assignments spanning five years and 20 countries, he helped to strategically transform a global player in freight forwarding, contract logistics, express courier and postal services to become a leader in integrated logistics. His role focused largely on emerging markets. Today, the client is particularly well positioned in Asia Pacific
- Over the course of three years, he supported the Asia division of a large Australian construction company to re-design their regional strategy and helped implementing it through a new operating model and several waves of restructuring
- He designed the 5-year strategy for a major automotive retail group, leading to a number of acquisitions to leverage scale effects and specific capabilities, ultimately doubling the client's share price in just two years
- He worked with a major Japanese Logistics player and their Australian subsidiary to design an acquisitive global expansion strategy focussing on their position in SEA, Europe and North America.
- He outlined the 5 year strategic plan to the Board of an incumbent taxi company in defending their position versus the increasing threats of potentially disruptive business models, leveraging existing capabilities and competitive advantages and covering customer segmentation and technology platforms
- He developed the Africa & Middle East expansion strategy for a leading South African civil construction company, leveraging their capabilities in transport infrastructure in emerging markets.
- He completed over 20 commercial due diligence and M&A advisory assignments across a broad range of industries in Australia and South East Asia
Prior to joining Strategy&, Dominik worked as a management consultant out of Singapore, Korea and India, as well as for a boutique M&A advisory firm in Australia.
Dominik holds a Master in Business and Engineering (Wirtschaftsingenieur) from the Universität of Karlsruhe, Germany and a bachelor’s degree in Business and Engineering from the University of Cottbus, Germany. He completed his master thesis in Japan, and studied in China.