Dr. Reinhard Geissbauer
Dr. Reinhard Geissbauer is a leading practitioner in supply-chain and operations strategies for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group. He is a Partner at Strategy& Germany, based in Munich. He leads the Industrial Product team and Supply-Chain Management Services and is head of Industry 4.0.
He has more than 18 years of industrial and consulting experience with multinational industrial equipment manufacturers, transportation companies and automotive suppliers. His main focus is on supporting leading companies in supply-chain management, operations strategy development, global sourcing, global footprint design, overhead, and process cost optimization.
His areas of expertise include:
- Industry 4.0 strategy and implementation road map development for leading industrial clients
- Vertical integration of the value chain in terms of effective product and data flow
- Horizontal integration of suppliers, customers, and value chain partners, including end-to-end planning
- Operational and cost excellence for the manufacturing, electronics and process industry
Some of his recent client assignments include:
- Operations improvement and transformation in industrial products
- Industry 4.0 in the IT and electronics industry
- Supply-chain optimization in the process industry
He wrote several supply-chain and service management books. He is co-author of the Industrie 4.0/Industrial internet study, which was presented in October 2014 and which gives deep insights into the challenges and opportunities of the digitalization for five selected industries.
Prior to joining Strategy&, Reinhard Geissbauer was a Partner in PwC’s Advisory practice and PRTM.
He holds a Master’s degree from the University of Regensburg, an MBA with a focus on international finance and operations, and a PhD in international business administration.