Where you can work
Our teams tackle diverse, complex, business critical problems for our clients.
Our expertise crosses almost every industry – and when there are shifts and changes in an industry, clients look to us for advice on industry trends and cross industry experience.
We are uniquely placed to deliver lasting value to our clients and win in the market. And that’s why we are the ideal place to accelerate your career and your future. Our project teams are typically small, with four to six strategy people – this means that you will be given the opportunity and skills to make a real impact and have responsibility from day one.
We also want you to get international experience and exposure, and our London trained strategy consultants are some of the most sought after in the network. You’ll get the opportunity to work on international projects, and if you’re looking for a more immersive experience, we offer six-month to two-year secondments in over 30 countries on six continents.
Two market-winning teams
We organise ourselves in two market-winning teams – Corporate Strategy and M&A Strategy. We work together to bring the best to our clients, and we offer a unique, powerful, and distinctive combination of capabilities that allows us to develop and deliver world-class strategies.
The two teams share many of the same attributes – fast progression (aim to reach Manager within three years), working in small teams, international opportunities, the chance to do MBAs, and flexible start dates – in September and April. Pay is exactly the same for graduates. The work mix does however vary between the two teams (see opposite page). As a graduate we’ll align you to one of our two teams, but you’ll be able to experience working in both, as we often resource projects together, and provide the opportunity to transfer between teams.
Corporate Strategy team
We help our clients plan for and adapt to changes in their industry while exploiting their strengths. In short, we give them the advantage they need from strategy through to execution. You will help clients with everything from strategy development to transformational change, new organisational models, capturing value from their customer and channel strategies, or increasing the effectiveness and resilience of their supply chains. This can be in the context of any big strategic move, including M&A.
For you this means:
- Working at clients’ offices – you’ll often be with the client in the UK or elsewhere from Monday morning to Thursday afternoon and work in our office on Friday
- Projects – will usually be a few weeks or a few months long, giving you time to build relationships and really get into the business
- International exposure – we resource projects globally, particularly in Europe, meaning that a project could see you spend a few weeks to a few months in another country
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Strategy team
M&A is a fundamental part of how companies seek to win in their markets and we help clients make the right M&A decisions. With us, you’ll get to know a company from the inside out, and combine razor sharp analysis with creative problem-solving. Strategy and M&A go hand in hand, so while a large part of our work relates to assessing companies and markets in the context of a transaction, many of our projects are about developing innovative corporate strategies to help companies grow and become more profitable.
For you this means:
- Working from London – you’ll do international travel but generally most of your week will be based in our London office
- Projects – are typically three to six weeks long, meaning that you’ll do about ten in your first year, broadening your experience
- International exposure – in addition to overseas work and other secondment opportunities, our ambition is for most of our graduate joiners to do a six-month secondment in our New York office within their first three years