PwC’s Strategy& was formed on March 31, 2014, when the firm formerly known as Booz & Company combined with PwC to form a new kind of consulting team, offering strategy-through-execution services under one roof. Strategy& brings more than 250 years of experience helping global clients solve their toughest problems.
Strategy& continues the former Booz & Company’s practical strategy legacy. As the oldest continually existing strategy consultancy in the world, Booz & Company established the profession as the first firm to use the term “management consultant.”
In 1914, Booz & Company founder Edwin Booz began conducting business research and solving problems for clients near his native Chicago. For nearly 100 years, the firm helped clients realize the essential advantage needed to survive, thrive, and win, and was involved in some of the most celebrated business episodes of their day, including:
- the dawn of the contract system for Hollywood movies
- the merger of the National and American football leagues
- the rescue of the Chrysler Corporation from bankruptcy
- the creation of Deutsche Telekom from government agencies that had grown up on both sides of the Iron Curtain
After separating from Booz Allen Hamilton in 2008 and becoming an independent firm, Booz & Company deepened its expertise through several acquisitions and combinations. They included:
- 2009: The firm combined with U.S.-based management consultancy Katzenbach Partners, a leader in the domain of organizational performance.
- 2012: Axon Advisory Partners joined the firm to launch a full-service team of strategists, designers, and technologists who help companies turn ideas into transformational digital businesses.
- 2013: The firm acquired international consulting company Management Engineers, bringing together two firms with a similar heritage and complementary service offerings — practical strategists who work alongside their clients to get the job done.
In 2015, as part of the PwC network, Strategy& brings to client assignments the deep experience and proven track record central to its legacy, as well as the breadth and depth of the PwC network. Our strengths offer broader, deeper value to our clients in strategy, deals, tax, assurance, finance, technology, and operation — across every industry and virtually every geography.