V. (Chandy) Chandrashekhar is a Principal with Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business, and with PwC US. Based in our New York office, he is a member of our Financial Services team. A veteran of the financial services industry, he has been serving the world’s leading financial services institutions for more than 25 years. His experience spans retail banking, capital markets, and wholesale banking.
Chandy specializes in strategy development for operations and technology intensive businesses and has significant experience in operating model design, performance improvement and driving large scale transformation programs. Some of his client assignments have included:
- Developed a growth strategy for the Latin American business of a global ratings provider
- Developed a pricing approach and a business case for a consortium of investment banks
- Developed a growth strategy for wealth management division of a global information services provider
- Assisted a global private bank in developing a strategy for offering alternative investment products
Transformation program design and execution
- Assisting a regional bank with a transformation of its entire retail and commercial banking operations
- Assisted a global financial information provider with development of an operating model and plan to transform itself from a portfolio to enterprise company and realize significant operating expense savings
- Assisted a global asset servicer in the design and execution of a global operating model and technology roadmap for its investor services businesses
- Created a five year operations strategy for a leading brokerage and securities services player
- Multiple engagements for a diversified consumer financial institution, including board level assessments of a large-scale transformation effort, operations and IT strategies and merger integration planning
Chandy initially joined the team as a Partner in 1989 and re-joined Strategy& from BCG, where he led their Wholesale Banking practice for the Americas. In addition to his long management consulting experience, he worked for Goldman Sachs for several years heading their global operations strategy and planning function.
Chandy holds a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani, India and a Master of Industrial Engineering from the National Institute for Training in Industrial Engineering, Bombay, India.