Steve Beckey is a Principal with Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business, and with PwC US. Based in the Los Angeles office, he is a member of our Engineered Products and Services (EPS) team, where he focuses on Aerospace and Defense clients.
Steve is an expert in Fit for Growth*, Strategy&’s proven way forward for companies to cut costs and grow stronger, and its application in the aerospace and defense industry and also has broad expertise in operations topics including:
- Strategic sourcing, supply chain, and inventory management
- Engineering efficiency and effectiveness
- Manufacturing improvement and turn-arounds
- Cost transformation
Some of Steve’s recent client assignments include:
- Comprehensive cost transformation for an aerospace OEM
- Developed an affordability strategy to help a military aircraft manufacturer reduce production rate while holding unit costs by comprehensively addressing overhead, engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain costs
- Led a supply chain transformation for an A&D Tier 1 company to identify and capture significant savings while building strategic sourcing capabilities
- Transformed an OEM’s supply chain organization to strategically address chronic parts shortages, inadequate inventory management and a fragmented procurement organization
- Helped stand up a joint venture to design a new operating model and capture significant savings
- Crafted a market entry strategy and scenario analysis for a European defense firm contemplating a U.S. joint venture
A respected thought leader, Steve has developed a body of knowledge addressing affordability challenges in the aerospace and defense industry, co-authoring multiple viewpoints including, “Managing A&D engineering talent” and “Next-generation affordability in aerospace and defense: Transforming capabilities and costs.” He is also quoted prominently in the press and regularly speaks at industry conferences.
Prior to joining the firm as an Associate in 2006, Steve worked for Accenture, Lockheed Martin Skunk Works, and Lockheed Martin Astronautics.
He holds a Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Colorado and an MBA from Saïd Business School at Oxford University. Outside of work, Steve enjoys time with his family, cycling, skiing, hiking, and cooking.
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.