Dr. Roman Friedrich is a recognized thought leader in telecommunications strategy, commercial strategies, and operations and performance improvement for communications and technology companies for Strategy&, PwC's strategy consulting group. Based in Düsseldorf and Stockholm, he is a Managing Director Strategy& Germany. Roman Friedrich leads Strategy&’s Communications, Media, and Technology practice in Europe, and his geographic focus extends throughout northwest and continental Europe.
He specializes in strategic transformation in fixed-line, convergent, and mobile communications, as well as sales and marketing, new company build-up support, program management, and technology-based transformation. His cross-industry focus is on helping his clients to identify and build essential capabilities to outperform in a digital world. He has also led various due diligence projects for Strategy& across Europe, mainly for mobile application, tower, and mobile service providers.
His areas of expertise include:
- Development of digital capability strategies and digital diagnostics
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Commerce/Retail
- Digital Business Development and Innovation
- Digital Consumer/Gen C/Customer Experience Management
- Cost restructuring (outsourcing, business process reengineering, operating model changes, and other) for mobile, fixed, and integrated operators
- All customer-facing functions (distribution, customer care, product development) for all type of telecommunications companies (fixed line, mobile, internet)
- Building marketing line functions for start-ups in the telecom sector
- Designing product development process
- Designing all customer care processes (among others order management, billing & collection, retention)
- Designing sales processes for consumers and business customers
- New (mobile) data services and corresponding new business models
- Mobile TV
- IP convergence and its impact on pricing, devices, and service interoperability
Prior to joining Strategy&, he worked as a scientist in the field of theoretical elementary particle physics at the Gesellschaft fuer Schwerionenforschung and the University of Tübingen, Germany. Roman Friedrich earned a PhD in physics from University of Tübingen and a diploma degree from Technical University of Darmstadt.