Based in Washington, D.C., Peter Bertone is a Principal with Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business, and with PwC US. He has also served as managing director of the former Booz & Company's U.K. business.
Mr. Bertone supports clients in the oil and gas, chemical, energy, and industrial sectors, specializing in large-scale near-term performance improvement programs and corporate transactions that can have a material impact on shareholder value. He also serves European private equity clients in the areas of strategic due diligence and post-acquisition profit improvement.
His assignments leverage his skills in:
- Business streamlining and complexity reduction
- Working capital reduction
- Mergers, acquisitions, and portfolio adjustments
- Organizational change and leadership alignment
- Change management
Examples of Mr. Bertone’s significant assignments with Booz & Company include:
- Assisting energy and industrial companies reduce working capital, including helping one oil major reduce its downstream working capital by $3 billion
- Assisting oil companies restructure their downstream operations to combat new entrants with format or cost advantages, including helping one of the world’s largest oil companies save $150 million annually
- Assisting oil companies streamline their upstream operations to accelerate production or reduce costs
- Extracting value from pre- and post-merger integration efforts, including some of the largest combinations in the energy sector
- Streamlining operations to maintain profitability at the bottom of the cycle for highly cyclical businesses, including helping one chemical producer avoid closure and increase enterprise value by $300 million
- Identifying undervalued businesses for private equity clients, acquiring these businesses, and rapidly increasing their value through aggressive restructuring programs across chemical, steel, logistics, industrial, and trading industries
Mr. Bertone joined the firm in 1988 after prior experience working with DuPont, the U.S. Department of Energy, and Merrill Lynch Capital Markets.