Peter Behner is a leading practitioner in healthcare-related strategies for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. He is a Managing Director Strategy& Germany, based in Berlin. He specializes in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, biotech, and medical device industries and leads our work for healthcare clients in Europe.
His expertise in the following disciplines is frequently leveraged for client support:
- Business strategy and reengineering
- Strategic sourcing
- Operations strategy
- Supply-chain management
- Operational cost reduction
One example of his experience in providing client solutions involves a major global biotech company that was experiencing problems in patient retention in Europe.
To create a fully functional patient retention program in which almost half of the targeted patient group subscribed, he and his team:
- Evaluated the communications channel strategies to patients
- Developed patient retention concepts, including a patient data collection option
- Conducted extensive market research
- Defined service offerings for patients and physicians
In another example, a mid-sized European pharmaceutical and biotech company with 10 global plants engaged Strategy& for help in improving its operations and supply-chain performance.
The project delivered a 12 percent+ conversion cost reduction after Peter Behner and his team:
- Provided organizational design of interfaces (i.e., CMC process development)
- Collected baseline information that included product/volume mix and financial, plant, and distribution-related data based on visits to the top four sites
- Provided analytical services including data on the company’s improvement potential based on OAE analysis
He also assisted in the development and implementation of a new R&D strategy for a global leader in asthma diagnostics. The project resulted in a complete outsourcing of the corporation’s instrument development and manufacturing to a third-party vendor.
Before joining Strategy& in 2005, Peter Behner worked with A.T. Kearney Inc., Trident Consulting Group, Arthur D. Little Inc., and Manufacturing Networks UK. He received a diploma degree in mechanical engineering from RWTH Aachen University.