Based in Rio de Janeiro, Paolo Pigorini is a Partner and Managing Partner of Strategy& in South America.
He specializes in major transformation and reorganization services, and is especially knowledgeable regarding:
- Transformation programs
- Corporate organization, including business models and organizational design
- Corporate Governance
One example of Mr. Pigorini’s expertise involved a project with a prominent Brazilian organization, which asked Strategy& to review its governance and organizational model.
To address client requirements, Mr. Pigorini and his team:
- Mapped past and present issues and key trends in each sector of the client’s operations
- Diagnosed the client’s current performance, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Identified governance and organizational imperatives
- Mapped opportunities and gained buy-in of senior management
- Implemented recommendations for the new governance and organizational model
Other examples of recent work include:
- Governance diagnostic and review for a leading Brazilian company
- Transformation for the Brazilian Industry Confederation (CNI)
- Review of the SG&A functions and their location in country, clusters and regions for a leading multinational in Latin America
- Organizational model review for a leading telecom player
- Transformation of an Oil and Gas multinational aimed at maximizing efficiency
A recognized thought leader, Mr. Pigorini is the author of the Strategy& study "Setting Out To Conquer the World: Business Model Challenges and Lessons Learned in the Internatioalization of Latin American Companies". He has also recently published a point of view on the business model changes required to face a crisis period “Reshaping your company's business model: Building for the future during the downturne”, and on corporate Governance “Tailored to fit: How Brazilian companies can improve their governance structure”.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Pigorini worked with Credit Suisse First Boston Securities in London. He earned an M.B.A. from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and a B.S.c. diploma from the London School of Economics.
In his spare time Paolo is lost in the outdoors with his wife and daughters hunting, fly-fishing, mountain biking...or just reading a book in a remote location.